Tuesday 4 November 2014

Selamat Hari Malaysia 2014

3 of my grandparents were immigrants, from 3 different countries, 3 different languages. Perhaps that’s why my maternal grandparents dont talk to each other.

Im grateful to be a Malaysian. Our family jokes that if the grandparents hadnt migrated, the only way we could have lived in this country is as maids, hookers or know-it-all strat planners.

I dont quite like d idea of Bangsa Malaysia. I dont like being lumped together as one. No fun. I like that we are all different and can still enjoy being together. That’s more special innit?

Why be colour blind when we can bask in glorious colours? My friends are made up of people of different backgrounds who brighten up my life in different ways. MU fans for instance are good fodder for laughs.

Embrace our differences. Soak up the varieties. Learn to swear in all languages.

Be happy that none of us are maids, hookers or know-it-all strat planners.

Selamat Hari Malaysia uols.

No comments: